Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ahhhh, I love the weekends!

     Its been yet another long week, nothing huge happened, just life. But life CAN get exhausting, especially towards Friday! I have started one of my New Years resolutions early this year, and that is to get up every weekday morning and make tea and breakfast for my husband before he heads off to another day of work. He had made some hints, after a rare morning where I did get up and fix him breakfast, about how much easier the day was, and how much more cheerful it had made him. So I reluctantly eagerly agreed to get up every morning, from now on,,,, if it makes his day that much better! Though I did stipulate that he needed to remain cheerful, so that I would know that getting up while its still dark and cold and making him a hot meal with my eyes half closed is still making a difference, otherwise I might be tempted to just stay in the nice warm bed! (Have I mentioned I tend to be a wee bit selfish and lazy,,,,,, I try to overcome those personality traits, but lets face it, selfishness is nearly incurable!)
     So, its Saturday, YAY! And, the hubs has Monday of, YAY AGAIN! It is cold, and dreary, and doing that rainy/icy/slushy/snowy thing outside that is particularly dangerous to drive in, so we are going to just stay home today, in front of the fire, with a few candles lit and the kettle on,,,, ahhhhh!
     I will be working on these,
     I am making about a zillion of them, to be made into afghans and given as gifts this Christmas (yes, Christmas 2012, crafters need to start VERY early, and I slacked this last year, because once again I waited until November to start working on gifts, and so ran out out time, again,,,,) I have had a particular request by my niece, so I thought I better get cracking ASAP. Also, it will greatly reduce the two totes of all the odds and ends of yarn that I have, and if I ever want to convince the hubs to buy me more, I need to get RID of some of it! So, I just was handed a fresh cu of tea by my love, so I am going to sip it, and maybe watch some classic Dr Who's while granny squaring the day away, you have a wonderful weekend!
                                            ~God Bless!~

No comments:

Post a Comment