Wednesday, August 11, 2010

In introduction

   Hello, I guess I have to take the plunge and actually write something, now that I have begun setting up this blog. Please have patience with me , I am still learning the ins and outs of Blogger, and I am a SLOW learner when I have to teach myself.
    My name is Shannon, I live in Maine.


I was born here, and in all likelihood will probably die here, though that would be fine with me as I think I live in the prettiest state in the country! I am 30 years old, (I will only say that once, as I am 29 and holding for the next 10 years!) I have I have two sisters, an older and a younger, and between my two parents have a VERY large extended family. I come from country bumpkin stock, and I am proud of that. We can manage, with or without "things" and we know how to make stuff work, improvise, and can find creative solutions to problems other people wouldn't have the faintest idea how to handle.


   I will be married for four years this October to the best man in the world, Kerry Wayne Evans. I mean it, he really is! He is the kindest, sweetest, gentlest, strongest, most honorable man alive! I am fiery, as half the blood running through my veins belongs to red-headed French ancestors. I have a temper, and can easily get irritated, I am working on controlling it, but as anyone who has the same problem will tell you, its not easy! He,,,he knows how to handle me. He never loses patience with me, he always knows hows to ground me.

 He truly loves God, and I am so glad the Lord reached us both at the same time! (about 2 years ago)
     We are a single income family. A very small income too, especially in the winter, but we manage very well. We have two kitties, who are fat and spoiled.

Punpkin (aka punkinpie)

Battie Mattie (aka bratcat)

They fill a void in our lives, as we have yet to be blessed with children. I am happy to be a housewife, my only wish is that I could have been born in the 40's or 50's! I enjoy cooking, and baking, and eagerly look forward to fall when it will be once again cool enough to really get in the kitchen. I love to sew, ever since my Mom first handed me a scrap of old cloth and a needle and I promptly sewed it to the knee of my corduroys! I make quilts, and clothes, and oohh, lots of things! I am working on building up an inventory so that my Mother and I can hit the craft fair scene this Christmas. I also knit, and crochet, though I am better at knitting.
    So that's a little about me, and my life. I plan on using this blog as part journal, to contain any thoughts or ideas I have, the ones worth remembering anyway, and part documentation of my daily activities as a housewife. I am excited, though I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to navigating this site. Once again, please have patience, I usually get where I am going in the end:)
    I am looking forward to making new friends with similar hobbies and pastimes, Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon!

    Welcome to blogging! I think you'll love making new blog friends - we're a friendly bunch!

    Thanks for signing up as a follower on my blog!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And nice to meet you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mrs. Evans,

    I have a confession to make. I've just spent the last hour or so reading your blog. Post after post. I feel like I know you!

    I pray that God will bring the perfect child into your life very soon but of course, in His perfect timing. I was childless for the first few years of our marriage. I conceived with the help of a fertility medicine. I thank God for the time with my hubby and I alone; but, I definitely remember that ache in my heart as I attended shower after shower.

    I loved the photo of you in your apron at the beginning of the post about your momma's bread.

    I've bookmarked your blog. I'll be back.

    Do drop in and enjoy some SW Missouri small town hospitality!

    Laura Lane

    ReplyDelete