Monday, August 16, 2010

What I have been doing for the past week and a half,,,

    I have decided. Yup, I have! I made up my mind that I am FINALLY going to try and earn some money with my crafting abilities! I mean, I already spend a good deal of time knitting, and sewing, and making all manner of nifty little things, why not see if I can sell them, and make a little money for our family? Mr Evans approves, so there is nothing to hold me back,,, well, except maybe for my own tendency towards laziness and procrastination. Oh, and I have an annoying habit of starting projects, getting bored, and then starting something else, then something else, till finally I have six things going and I am wondering if it would just be easier to take them all apart and forget I ever mentioned them. (or what usually happens, stuff them into the back of the spare bedrooms closet and bury them under my yarn and cloth stashes)
    Please dont hold any of this against me! I made a point of finishing all my half finished projects before starting  to and build a stock of  things to sell. Well, all except one, a large quilt, that I am hand quilting, and its probably going to take months to finish. So you see, I do eventually get things done, it just happens to take me a tad bit longer than the average person. (insert sheepish smile here)
    So,,, back to my plan, so far I have three aprons, one teddy bear and 2 and a half knit dishcloths made. Here are what they look like,
Two half aprons, front and back view, made with vintage fabric, excuse the pinkish reflection, my camera has special needs, and I am unable to fulfill them. Oh, and the sideways picture, a recent thrift shop find that Mr Evans needs to repair before hanging.

Cute teddy, I am still deciding on whether to add an embroidered nose or not,,,
A full apron, made again with vintage fabric I'll take this moment to admit something to you. I love aprons, all aprons, the girlier, and rufflier the better!!!!


   I'll post more pictures as I make more things. I plan on making tea cozies, pot holders, oven mitts, place mats, and pincushions in the shape of assorted sweets. My creative bones are humming with all this crafty yuminess!
    I had better get back to work now. I have been feeling slow and sleepy today, the sky is grey with very much needed rain. I had better go put the kettle on and get stuck into knitting that dishcloth. After all, they are not known for knitting themselves!
                    

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my site! Love the aprons you are making. I can't get enough of them.... sounds like I might want to eat at your house, keep posting.

    ReplyDelete