Friday, January 14, 2011

Knitting a bunny

     Ahhh, I think its time for a little break and a cuppa tea. I have been knitting all morning on a little brown bunny that I am making for a baby boy, soon to be born. I would show a picture, but my camera's batteries are dead, and I wont be able to get more till tomorrow, so hopefully then I can snap of one before bundling Mr Bunny and all the other baby boy items up for gifting at the shower Sunday.
     Baby showers used to be sooooooo hard for me. Infertility made me so bitter, so angry, and so jealous for so many years. It sneaks in and changes you, and I didnt even realize that until I started to not be able to go to showers. I'd cringe, and often cry, whenever another woman announced her happy news. A baby is a wonderful thing, and it took me a while to grasp that, even though I may never get to bring one into the world myself, EVERY baby is a gift from God, and I should never begrudge the joy they bring, but take part in it. It was a long road, but I got there:)
     Actually, speaking of roads, my hubby and I are shuffling ever more steady down the road to Fostering/ Adoption. The apartment is just about where I want it to be, organizational-wise. I am going to attempt at getting my drivers license, though my eyes might put a hurdle up there. We'll just have to wait and see. I know I should have gotten it years ago, but honestly, I HATE driving. Scares the ,,, well, never mind! ,,, outta me. But, the time has come for me to either get it, or be deemed too blind to get it. Either way, we can then move that much closer to parenthood. Our goal it to walk into the A Family For Me office's no later than June 1st, and hopefully be placed with a child before Christmas. We are praying about it, and if is Gods will, then it will be.
   Until then though, I have a lot to do!like get myself onto a regular sleeping schedule, my body just really wants to be nocturnal! We are also going to gather together some furniture and books for the (hopefully) child's bedroom. We have no idea what age or sex our child will be, so we wont be getting a crib/bed or clothing until last minute. We will be saving up some money for that though, and I am sure our family and friends will be throwing us and Adoption Shower:) They have all been so very, very supportive through everything, and I think they are looking forward to a new family member as much as we are! This child, wherever it may be now, is already loved, we just need to meet it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment