Monday, April 4, 2011

Hearts for Home 4/5/11

     This week's Hearts for Home will be a little less ambitious. I have had a clingy cold for a little more than a week now. I really can't complain, as this is the only cold I have had this season, and it isn't even a very nasty one. But it is a tiring one, so I am going to keep taking things slow and getting lots of rest. Thank the Lord, Poot hasn't caught it, though if he did I wouldn't lie, I would love to have him home for me pamper and nurse:)
     So, the list.
     1. I picked up a few candles in lovely spring scents, I am going to make a point of  lighting candles in the evenings, to make a cozy atmosphere.This spring so far has consisted mostly of slushy snow and freezing rain, so warm, flowery scents go a long way to brightening dark nights.
     2. I really hope my cold improves in the next day or two, because I really need and  want to make some more bread. We have had to get a loaf or two from the store, and after having homemade bread for so long, store bought really does not seem worth eating at all. Plus, with homemade, you get the added benefit of that indescribably delicious aroma, the one people always get a smile on thier faces while remembering. Absolutely nothing beats the smell of baking bread for the "homeyness" award!
     3. I would also like to put my quilt layers together,
    The quilt top is finished, and now I am just debating on how I want to go about  finishing it, weather I want to have three layers, or just use a nice fleece blanket as a backing and tie it off. I'll keep thinking on it for another day or two, I don't want to have to take it apart again!
     4. I am also going to need to give the apartment a good scrubbing. I have been doing bare minimum cleaning for the past week or so, and we are in no means living in filth, but I know what needs to be done and what hasn't been done, and its bugging me:) Thankfully, this past weekend my sister came over and brought her very nice vacuum cleaner and carpet shampooer. She and Poot gave the floors a good cleaning, and I am confident NOW the pesky sinus problems I have been having all winter will finally end! What a blessing that will be!
     5. And, I think, since my Poot has been so good to me and he has been doing ALL the cooking (well, bringing home takeout:) I will make him something special. Maybe a batch of his favorite peanut butter balls, using his grandma's recipe. Every now and then you have to spoil you man, especially if he deserves it:)
     Well, thats it for tonight, God Bless, and have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mrs Evans,
    I do pray your cold gets better and you are able to pander to your husband and do the cooking you wnat.
    I LOVE the quilt top it has beautiful colours.
    I adore candles and scents. I especially like a stove top scent.
    Have a blessed and healthy week
    Gae

    ReplyDelete