Sunday, April 10, 2011

Quilting Away!

     I was a very busy girl last week! I got my quilt layers together, and pinned (with about 150 safety pins, and 10 now very sore fingers) and have finished about 3/4 of the quilting! A few more hours of sewing and I will have the quilting all done! WOOO HOOO, machine quilting, once I figured out how to do it, is BY FAR so much easier than doing it by hand! When quilting's done I will trim the edges and sew on the trim/binder. I think I want to add some eyelet lace around the edge too. That will need to wait though, our Walmart looks as if a bomb has gone off, and absolutely NOTHING is where it used to be before. They say they are redecorating and making it easier for the costumers, I THINK they just want to trap us for hours, wandering like lost treasure hunters through darkest jungles. I mean golly goodness, I tried finding a seam ripper there the other day, For those of you who dont sew, they are about two and a half inches long, about the size of you average crayon,,,,, did I say something about haystacks,,,, and NEEDLES?! Needless to say, by the time I found it (with near hysterical giggles of joy) I vowed never to set foot in a Walmart again! Well,,,,, being a crafter,,,,, and and seeing as THEY are the only dealer in that OH so addictive good knows as FABRIC,,,,, well, lets just say its a love hate relationship, and leave it at that:)
     So here are a few photo's from last week, see if you can spot my little "helper"



     She just can't wait till (her) its all finished! She wasn't even scared off by the noise of the sewing machine, which is VERY unusual, my cats are scared of EVERYTHING! Well, we take risks for love, and my Battie LOVES mommy-made blankets :)




No comments:

Post a Comment