I am joining in with Gae at Cherished hearts at Home in her weekly Hearts for Home challenge. It is open for any to join, just link back to her page:)
The idea is to list 5 or 6 things to make your home a Home! Things that will improve life at home for your loved ones, and yourself of course:)
1. I am going to be paying LOTS of attention to food this week. I'm trying to up my Poots intake of fruits and veggies, as he needs more fiber in his diet. Well, to tell you the truth, we ALL do! Last night I served three veggies with dinner, sweet corn, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. YUM! We do a lot of frozen foods and root veggies in the winter, as fresh produce is a bit dear at this time of year.
2. Make up a batch of bread, preferable with some whole grains, to make Poot some sandwiches to take to work for lunches. I think I will be making up my mom's oatmeal molasses bread:)
3. Get up every morning, and prepare some oatmeal and juice for Poot before he heads to work. THIS is gonna be a toughie, as I am not an early riser, and I will have to be getting up at 5am! So far, for the last two mornings, I have been successful. so wish me luck, and pray I can keep at it:)
4. I want us to start eating the majority of our dinners at the table. Right now we only eat their once in a while, and I would really like to change that. When at the table, we say a prayer, and talk, and enjoy good food and good friends together, and I want that to be an everyday thing:) Plus, Poot likes it, and HE IS the head of our house, so I should be trying to please him:)
5. I really should clean out and organize out coat closet this week, its a bit of a mess, and that bugs me! I'll do before and after pictures, maybe the "before" pics will be enough to shame me into keeping it neat in the future!