Monday, August 15, 2011

Cleaning Monday's

     Its Monday again, that's one of my "big clean" days. After the weekend, which I mostly take off from cleaning, there are a lot of things that need doing. There are some dishes in the sink, sheets needing changing, dust on most of the flat surfaces, and little balls of kitty fluff everywhere. I get stuck in, and get sweeping, scrubbing, polishing, dusting and generally tidying up. After a few hours the whole place is sparkling clean, fresh, and ready for my Poot to come through the door. In the winter, I use my crock pot on my cleaning days, that way I get dinner out of the way first thing in the morning, because by the end of the day I am pretty worn out, and not in the mood for messing up the kitchen again. In summer's though, I just do something easy, like a salad or corn on the cob.
     My cleaning style is very relaxed, I clean for a while, sit and sip a drink and check facebook for a few minutes, then clean some more, and take another break,,, ect. ect. I don't like cleaning while there is anyone else around, I'm not sure why, maybe its just because I don't like cleaning "around" another person. So, I guess its good for me that I spend most of my time alone, I can't use it as an excuse for why the house is untidy!
     My favorite chore,,,, probably making the bed, as its also the easiest chore!
     My least favorite chore,,,, cleaning the shower,,,,, ack,, how I loathe soap scum!
     So a quick run down of my cleaning schedule would be,
     Mondays, all over clean, inc. vacuuming, dusting, bathroom, and general tidying.
     Tuesdays, anything not done on Monday + a load or two of laundry.
     Wednesday, laundry again, and vacuuming, and of course, and tidying that needs doing.
     Thursday, I finish off any laundry that isn't done, and that's about it!
     Friday, I tend to do another big clean, to get ready for the weekend. I try to take the weekends off,
     and enjoy my husband!

     How do you clean, what are your favorite parts of keeping your home tidy? Do you take the weekend off, or do you keep cleaning straight through the week? I love to know how other ladies keep house, so please let me know in the comments. Have a good day, happy homemaking!

3 comments:

  1. I hear you about Mondays- mine was so busy yesterday that Im just catching up on reading blogs today (actually im finding I can only really sit down to read blogs like twice a week these days... I just have so much going on! But thats ok, they're sitting there waiting for me when I get to them!). thanks for sharing your schedule, I always LOVE to hear how other housewives manage their day. Sounds like you have a great routine going, I confess i am not this organized about it. I keep telling myself I should get a specific routine, but it was so hard when my duaghter hadnt hit sleep maturity and her sleeping was still all over the place, that I would try to start a routine and it just would never be kept. but now Im thinking more about it, and your list here is a nice frame work.

    Dont you find, though, that even one or two events that you have to do during the week throws everything off? I mean if you want to visit a friend or need to do out of the house during the week, I just find it makes it hard to stay on schedule. I wish there were more hours int he day. :)

    Thanks for sharing, have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hear ya on the things that can throw a cleaning schedule off. When I have to watch the Goober, I get NOTHING done,,,, so I have to make up for it before or after I have her. Since I have no children of my own, I havent figured out how to balance childcare with everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monday is a busy day for me too. I don't get much done on weekends either. :)

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete