Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowed in for the day

     Well, there is yet another blizzard blowing outside. I am beginning to feel like I am trapped in The Long Winter. There is already about a foot of snow out there, and its only half way done! Luckily the Hubby got the day off today (which is unusual, as they usually have him driving through this stuff) and we are nice and safe at home. He cooked breakfast for us this morning. Waffles, blueberry pancakes, sausages and bacon, yum yum!
     I set the table with a cheerful snowflake tablecloth and a candle,

     I sliced up some oranges and added some fresh blue berries, it was all so yummy! We invited our friend and neighbor who lives upstairs down to join us, and it was a lovely morning.

     He even washed the dishes! What a wonderful Hubby! Now I am settling down and going to watch Stephen King's Storm of the Century, which is somewhat of a tradition every winter, during a big storm:) I  will be finishing up a pair of light blue mittens I am knitting,

     I haven't decided if they will be going to a charity, or if I will add them to my collection for a craft fair next winter, we'll see:) Have a wonderful day, no matter what the weather, God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. Your breakfast looks so yummy and very cozy. How wonderful you were able to share it and that you didn't have to go out in the storm. I love the color of blue on the mittens. I wish I could knit but sadly it is not something I have mastered. Maybe someday. ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely breakfast! Glad your husband didn't have to go into work...my husband's work is like that "come in if you can make it" so he always does.

    Thank you for following on my blog. I look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakfast looks oh so yummy!
    Keep cozy, warm and safe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ladies for taking time to comment on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete